[Mediawiki-l] Article IDs on Wikinews

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 20:54:01 UTC 2006

Pages do have a unique identifier. It's just not shown; when MediaWiki
looks at titles, it splits it into a namespace number and title text,
then (internally) can turn that into a page identifier.

I'm not sure how this information helps, however. Unique identifiers
still "change" when the page is moved (because a new page record is
created). However, I suppose it's a bit of background information on
how it's done right now.

Rob Church