[Mediawiki-l] Changes to localsettings.php

mediawiki at wpascanner.com mediawiki at wpascanner.com
Fri Feb 24 17:31:51 UTC 2006

I am new at this and I am setting up my wiki, and one of the
changes to localsettings.php I'm making is that if you want to edit
a page you have to have an account. Anon can read/view all they
want, but editing is user only.

I also want to change the default skin used.

So I per the documentation I ADD:

#
# Permission keys given to users in each group.
# All users are implicitly in the '*' group including anonymous
visitors;
# logged-in users are all implicitly in the 'user' group. These will be
# combined with the permissions of all groups that a given user is
listed
# in in the user_groups table.
#
# This replaces wgWhitelistAccount and wgWhitelistEdit
#
# The following line should be commented, otherwise these
settings will
# throw away the settings on DefaultSettings.php (you probably
don't want this).
# With this line commented you will only overwrite the settings you
explicitly
# define here (that's what you probably want).
#$wgGroupPermissions = array();
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['createaccount']   = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['read']            = true;
$wgGroupPermissions['*'    ]['edit']            = false;

And UNCOMMENTED and CHANGED:

$wgDefaultSkin = 'cologneblue';

But these changes don't take effect? ?? ?

What step am I missing? I tried searches and didn't seem to find
an artcile that would explain what step I am missing to get these
changes to take effect.

Thanks!