[Mediawiki-l] want to disable "Project:" redirect

Rob Church robchur at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 03:29:47 UTC 2006


Assuming the advice I gave earlier was correct, and I'm not sure it
is, in light of Brion's comments; you could set $wgMetaNamespace in
LocalSettings.php.

It won't be there unless it's been added before. As I say, I doubt it
*will* work, given what Brion said, but there you go.


Rob Church

On 20/02/06, Sterling D. Allan <sterlingda at pureenergysystems.com> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> I'm not seeing a "$wgMetaNamespace" in LocalSettings.php
>
> Is it in <root> or /skins?
>
> I'm not quite sure what you mean by "you could use the project namespace and
> rename it to "Project"
> using the $wgMetaNamespace directive in LocalSettings.php."
>
> Thanks
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Rob Church" <robchur at gmail.com>
> To: "MediaWiki announcements and site admin list"
> <mediawiki-l at wikimedia.org>
> Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 1:10 PM
> Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] want to disable "Project:" redirect
>
>
> "Project" is an internal name for the project or meta namespace, which
> is converted to the canonical namespace name. I suppose, to avoid
> this, you could use the project namespace and rename it to "Project"
> using the $wgMetaNamespace directive in LocalSettings.php.
>
>
> Rob Church
>
> On 20/02/06, Sterling D. Allan <sterlingda at pureenergysystems.com> wrote:
> > I would like to create a preface "Project:" for projects on our site, but
> > I notice that mediawiki automatically renames them "PESWiki:"
> >
> > How do I disable this?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Sterling
> > http://peswiki.com
> > _______________________________________________
> > MediaWiki-l mailing list
> > MediaWiki-l at Wikimedia.org
> > http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
> >
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> MediaWiki-l at Wikimedia.org
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> MediaWiki-l at Wikimedia.org
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>



More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list