[Mediawiki-l] SpecialPage to feed article text to shell script

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Sat Feb 18 21:56:01 UTC 2006

> I need a way to export out the raw article text
> and feed it to a shell script... My PHP
> programming experience is a little limited.

     http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ref.exec.php

Beware of script injection hacks. If you do this on pages that are
open to arbitrary editing, some trickster could possibly delete any
file that your web server effective user ID has permission to delete,
or cause no end of other trouble.

:::: Trusting to escape scrutiny, by fixing the public gaze upon the
exceeding brightness of military glory -- that attractive rainbow,
that rises in showers of blood -- that serpent's eye, that charms to
destroy -- he plunged into war -- Abraham Lincoln on President Polk ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::