[Mediawiki-l] "Refreshing" a category page via MediaWiki program calls

Hugh Prior mediawiki at localpin.com
Fri Feb 17 16:58:04 UTC 2006

I have a page Alpha, which contains a "Category: X" link, but the "Category:
X" page does not have the page Alpha listed on it.  When I edit the page
Alpha then the "Category: X" page correctly lists the Alpha page.  My
question: how can I force, with MediaWiki calls, an update of the category
links.  I have tried with the following code to even check if the category
links are OK, but this does not seem to work.  Thanks for any ideas.

$pageName = "Alpha";
$title = new Title();
$title = $title->newFromText($pageName);

$linkCache = new LinkCache();
$linkCache->preFill($title);

$catLinks = $linkCache->getCategoryLinks();

print_r($catLinks, "catLinks");