[Mediawiki-l] logo only shows up on some pages

Matt Morgan minxmertzmomo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:45:15 UTC 2006

On 2/14/06, Matt Morgan <minxmertzmomo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/14/06, Brion Vibber <brion at pobox.com> wrote:
> > Matt Morgan wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks. Both these methods result in completely blank pages (ie all
> > > pages returned blank upon reload). What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Usually this means you made a typo in LocalSettings.php and PHP is configured
> > not to display error messages in output.
> >
> > Check in particular for a missing semicolon at the end of the line.
>
> a) I'm sure that was it.
> b) shame on me; that's the second time I've made that mistake.
>
> Thanks.

OK, I repaired the line in LocalSettings.php so that $wgCacheEpoch is
'20060215081500', i.e., earlier this morning (either a few minutes
ago, or a few hours ago if that's GMT). Recall that eariler I had
truncated the objectcache table (which appeared empty to start with).

Still, I only see the logo on pages with forms for data entry.
Editing, account creation, etc. Behavior is the same on two different
installs, on two different servers (although they are very similar).
This is true even for pages I had never viewed and for new pages,
created after the Cache Epoch.

Environment in both cases is:

MediaWiki 1.5.6
CentOS 4.2 Linux (almost identical to RHEL4, release 2)
Kernel 2.6.9-22.0.1.EL
Apache 2.0.52
PHP 4.3.9
MySQL 4.1.12
TurkMMCache installed (v. 4.3.9_2.4.6 ?)

Browser is Firefox 1.07, although it seems to be a server-side issue
(delivered pages make no reference to the logo image).

I checked in both installs, and the *_objectcache table is empty in
both cases. The only other similarity between these installs, and
perhaps some others, is that I did not set the $wgLogo first thing,
but rather ran the setup and viewed and created some pages before
adding the logo.

Any other possibilities? Thanks!