[Mediawiki-l] Making image uploading simpler

Thompson, Graeme (AELE) Graeme.Thompson at smiths-aerospace.com
Tue Feb 14 09:45:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

Are there any plans to make the uploading of images a simpler process?

My thoughts would be to be able to specify an image in the wiki mark-up
that was actually [[image:c:\path\to\my\image\locally\my image.jpg]].

When the save page is clicked then the parser will check that my
image.jpg is unique, and if not then generate a unique name (e.g. my
image5.jpg) and then replace the local path with the
chosen image name.

Finally you would be taken to a screen with a list of the files that are
to be uploaded, with their filenames that they will be uploaded as, and
asks you to confirm that there will be no copyright issues (similar to
the current one).

If you then do not upload the images you will end up with broken links
in your article just like the current method.

This would make the current system a lot easier to use as you would be
able to easily place your images as you were writing the article.

Any thoughts?

Graeme

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.