[Mediawiki-l] Cached ContentActionUrls?

Tony Bowden wikimedia at tmtm.com
Wed Feb 8 23:46:06 UTC 2006

On a local mediawiki installation I extended the SkinTemplateContentActions
to add a new Tab to the menu that adds/removes pages from a
watchlist-esque table.

Unfortunately, the list of content actions seems to get cached on the
page, requiring an action=purge to correctly toggle the contents of
the tabs.

I can get around this by calling $this->mTitle->invalidateCache() but I
can't see what it is that makes watch/unwatch (or protect/unprotect)
not hit the same problem, so I'm not sure whether that's really the
right way to do this.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tony