[Mediawiki-l] Hosting requirements

david cuthbertson scienceinthegreen at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 7 17:15:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am a newbie looking for (low cost) hosting of a
mediawiki site that I am in the process of creating.

How big a mysql database do I require?

It currently has 1,370 'pages', relating to about 50
articles and I guess it will end up with perhaps 10
times that.

www.1and1.co.uk business hosting offer 2.5Gb of space,
20Gb monthly traffic (which looks very good for just
£8.99/month) *but* only 2 mysql databases of
100Mb(each/both?).

Currently my ISP's cgi server hosts my wiki (for
free), but it is a minimal service. If I remember
correctly they offer 50Mb space on their cgi server;
they also offer 250Mb website space.

Cheers,
David