[Mediawiki-l] Re: Re: Re: accents not appearing correctly

Hugh Prior mediawiki at localpin.com
Tue Feb 7 16:02:51 UTC 2006

I use Dreamweaver MX as my editor, and I changed the "Document Encoding" to 
be "UTF-8 (Unicode)" instead of the default "Western (Latin 1)", and now 
this works fine (at least as a hard-coded example anyway).

i.e. in Dreamweaver:
Modify->Properties->Page Properties->Document Encoding

also I have changed the default for new documents to be UTF-8 within 
Edit->Preferences->New Document->Default Encoding

Hope that helps somebody out there.

Hugh Prior 

More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list