[Mediawiki-l] Email platform questions

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Sat Feb 4 05:34:08 UTC 2006

malcolm stanley wrote:
> a) I am using netBSD. In pkgsrc there is a
> pear-mail_mime pkg but not a pear-mail pkg. Do you
> know if they are the same thing?

I wouldn't know.

Check in your PHP dir (perhaps /usr/local/lib/php) for a 'Mail' subdirectory and
'Mail.php'. If it's not there, you may have to install it; you can use the pear
installer:

  pear install Mail

> this is confusing: do I uncomment the array or the
> code block, or not? when I uncomment it I get errors
> thrown...

It's not a code block, it's some pseudocode description.

> Also, it is unclear what value IDHost should have or
> represent.

It's apparently the hostname to use in constructing a message id. I'm not
totally certain how necessary it is.

> finally, is it correct that username and password are
> not in quotes?

String literals are in quotes. Variables are not in quotes. Constants are not in
quotes.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)