[Mediawiki-l] Email platform questions

malcolm stanley amstanley at rogers.com
Fri Feb 3 16:21:13 UTC 2006

Slightly different question

In Joomla! I can configure email so it uses my Yahoo! smtp account for outbound email
That works a treat for authentication and relieves me of having to understand sendmail :-)

In Mediawiki the assumption appears to be that mail is working on the host server:
I can find very little documentation on the subject and what documentation there is does not directly answer my question, which is:

'how do I configure mediawiki to use a third party smtp mail service for outbound email?'

Thanks

Malcolm