[Mediawiki-l] Special characters not working

Martin G. old_school_junkie at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 31 16:20:15 UTC 2006

I installed MW 1.8.2, English, utf-8 but can only use chars from ASCII.
I cannot use Umlauts nor all others special characters not in ASCII. When i
try to seach or edit with them i get a blank page or the error:

Bad title
The requested page title was invalid, empty, or an incorrectly linked
inter-language or inter-wiki title. It may contain one more characters which
cannot be used in titles.

my page source reads:
meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"

How can i get rid of it?

This is a major problem for me, I cannot use my wikisite otherwise. Somebody
help me please :(

Thanks.