[Mediawiki-l] how to export to html?

Ittay Dror ittayd at qlusters.com
Sun Dec 31 10:25:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

I've asked this question more than a year ago and got two suggestions:
* use 'printable=yes'
* use saveHTML.py

using 'printable', the page formatting is not right (it looks different, e.g., preformatted text). also, the footer is still there.
i couldn't make saveHTML work on my local site. it seems it has too many assumptions about the url paths used (in getting, and in regural expression searching)

Any other alternatives? I'd like to mediawiki to render the page exactly as it does for viewing (and previewing), but not add the decorations

I tried extracting just the section of the content from the page, but because it is not proper XML, i failed)

Thanks,
Ittay

P.s., Happy new year

--