[Mediawiki-l] Importing content from another wiki page

Tim Ware tim at hyperarts.com
Thu Dec 28 23:01:16 UTC 2006

> You need to include $1 somewhere in the path - this indicates where
> the article is. For instance, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/$1 - $1 is
> replaced with the title to be fetched.
>
> > iw_local: 0
>
> See whether setting iw_local = 1 is needed; it's 1 on a local test
> wiki of mine, but I don't know if it's *required* - will check.
>
> > iw_trans: 1
>
> This is in the interwiki table for the wiki you want to transclude the
> content onto, right?

I set iw_local: 1
iw_trans: 1 is only on the wiki I want to transclude content onto

If I have this for iw_url:
http://against-the-day.pynchonwiki.com/wiki/$1

and this code on the target wiki page:

{{pwiki:Help}} (Help is a template I created)

I get this in the preview:

[Template fetch failed for http://against-the-day.pynchonwiki.com/
wiki/Template%3AHelp?action=render; sorry]

If I have this for the iw_url:

http://against-the-day.pynchonwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=$1

it pulls in the whole page, styles and all. Doesn't work at all.

Tim