[Mediawiki-l] TeX formula problem (texvc)

Martin Mrazek martin.mrazek at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 16:11:06 UTC 2006

Hello,

I installed the TeX formula handling in Media Wiki according to
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Enable_TeX

I encountered the error:
ocamlopt -c util.ml
'as' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable
program or batch file. Assembler error, input left in file
C:\DOCUME~1\edvardas\LOCALS~1\Temp\camlasm78 7bc9.s
mingw32-make.exe: *** [util.cmx] Error 2

I've read advice on

http://wiki.mozilla.org/Talk:Running_MediaWiki_on_Windows

I used mingw32-make texvc.bc

generated texvc.bc and renamed it on texvc.exe, but my Mediawiki
writes instead of the formula the red message "Cannot be understand,
executable TEXVC is missing".

The file TEXVC.exe is in MediaWikiFolder\math (i tried as well only MediaWiki).

It seems texvc.exe does something. I tried type to cmd line

texvc c:\temp c:\temp "y=x+2"

the following was output to c:\temp

---filename: 1996_daa63ef966cc412541190bc8794731de.tex ---
\nonstopmode
\documentclass[12pt]{article}
\pagestyle{empty}
\begin{document}
$$
y=x+2
$$
\end{document}

I use texlive 2005, Win XP, newest version of Apache, PHP, MediaWiki, MySQL.

Can anybody send a hint how to fix it?

Martin

--
Martin Mrazek