[Mediawiki-l] Delete Histories, with multiple wikis and indiv databases

Tim Ware tim at hyperarts.com
Wed Dec 27 02:04:18 UTC 2006

Thanks Rob.

On 27/12/06, Rob Church wrote:
 > I then changed the name of that file to AdminSettings.pgp

That would have to be .php

OK.

> >From the command line, what's being run is an old PHP 4.4 CGI, not
> the
> PHP 5 that MediaWiki needs. You need to use the PHP 5 CLI to execute
> the script.

I'm not a strong command line guy. How do I execute a "PHP5 CLI"?
> I don't remember for sure, but I don't think deleteOldRevisions.php
> uses $wgDBadminuser &c - I suspect it falls back to the existing
> database settings, since those are all that's required.
>
> IIRC, maintenance scripts can be told to use a specific
> LocalSettings.php with the --config option at runtime.

Well, I'm not sure what a lot of that means, but I guess the command
line would look like this:

php deleteOldRevisions.php  --delete --config LocalSettings-1.php

where I would create a LocalSettings-1.php and just include the
settings for the db I want to delete histories for? In my
LocalSettings I use php to check what subdomain the user is calling,
then point to the settings for that wiki.

OK, I'm a bit confused.

Tim

> *Please* back up everything. :)

Rob Church