[Mediawiki-l] Delete Histories, with multiple wikis and indiv databases

Tim Ware tim at hyperarts.com
Wed Dec 27 01:21:12 UTC 2006

I edited AdminSettings.sample by adding the values for the db I want
to delete old histories from by replacing:

$wgDBadminuser      = 'wikiadmin';
$wgDBadminpassword  = 'adminpass';

with

$wgDBserver         = "mysql.mydomaini.com";
$wgDBname           = "mydatabase";
$wgDBuser           = "myuser";
$wgDBpassword       = "mypassword";
$wgDBprefix         = "wiki_";
$wgDBtype           = "mysql";
$wgDBport           = "5432";

I then changed the name of that file to AdminSettings.pgp

I telneted into the server, into the /wiki/maintenance/ directory and
ran this from the command line:

php deleteOldRevisions.php  --delete

and I got this error:

<b>Parse error</b>:  syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting
T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in <b>/home/.laker/
redbug/pynchonwiki/wiki/includes/Exception.php</b> on line <b>139</
b><br />

So where did I go wrong? Thanks!

Tim