[Mediawiki-l] Short URL method not working

Eric K ek79501 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 25 03:47:06 UTC 2006

I've tried to follow directions for having a short URL (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_url ) but its not working. I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Here's my situation:
  - MW is actually installed in /w. I can rename this to /wiki as well if needed.
  My objectives:
  - Short URL's like: www.MyWiki/wiki/Article_name
  - Search bots should be able to avoid History and Recent Changes links

  I can modify Htaccess. The short URL method with Htaccess worked before when I had the wiki installed in the root. I moved the wiki to a sub-directory so I can install other packages on the server (/stats, /forum, etc).

  I would be grateful if somoene can show me how I can make this work after the sub-directory move.

  Erik