[Mediawiki-l] Template(s) responsible for Categories?

Martin G. old_school_junkie at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 21 21:37:02 UTC 2006

I have 3 problems which may be handled by one template i don't know yet:

1. I don't want that certain template (if it is handeled by one) to show up
the alphabet letters when sorting the subcategories. I'd prefer them listen
in continious rows like on Special:Allpages.

2. Special:Allpages: my pages have all very long names and i want Allpages
to be listed in 2 columns only.

3. I want to get rid of the Articles message in certain categories some of
them only include subcategories and will never include article pages.
"Articles in category "Artist"
There are 0 articles in this category."
That may be solved by using top-level categories, but i couldn't find info
on how to create such.

thanks for any help :)