[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade 1.8.2 > 1.9alpha

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 20:03:54 UTC 2006

> I'm hosting at media temple, who give me:
> 1. Apache 2.0.54
> 2. PHP 5.1.6
>
> I can mess with .htaccess, but I don't get to play in httpd.conf.
>
> > b) Set these in LocalSettings.php:
> > $wgArticlePath = "$wgScript?title=$1";
> > $wgUsePathInfo = false;
>
> Done.  And that seemed to fix things, which is good.  Not sure what I've done here though, so just a small explanation would be appreciated.

I had the same problem per se, originally written through this list before..

I just did a *fresh* install of 1.9alpha on my sub-domain name. After placing the LocalSettings.php file into the root/ of the sub-domain... I'm getting multiple redirecting loops..

http://wiki.spencerp.net/index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php/Index.php

I forgot to mention what my server was running last time, but, since then removed the above following sub domain and started another one.

I uploaded and installed 1.8.2 now, on the new sub domain, and Dreamhost.com is my host.. The Server informations that Steve mentioned above are the same as mine.. So, I might try the above mentioned "fixes" then. I'll startup another sub domain for "testing" only.. and try doing a fresh install of 1.9alpha again then..

Hopefully those suggestions above will work.. [Crosses fingers though].. Thanks in advanced.. and my apologizes for the previous rude remarks .. was just having a few bad days at that time.. :(

spencerp