[Mediawiki-l] Missing wfStrencode() - MediaWiki 1.9

Stephen Collins trib at acidlabs.org
Wed Dec 20 00:28:41 UTC 2006

Rob Church wrote:
 > You seem to be calling addQuotes() as if it were global. You need to
 > call it as a member function of the database class, which it is.
 >
 > You'll see either $dbw or $dbr defined around the problematic code
 > block; this is a database object. Use (alter as appropriate):
 >
 > $dbr->addQuotes( blah blah );

Okay, I think I'm starting to get it...  Thanks.

The code I'm using as a base (that works in 1.8.2) isn't written *at
all* like that.  The original extension, that lives at http://
meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Alxndr/RSS, is admittedly progress on a
series of hacks to bend RSS into MediaWiki.  I guess I'm about to
significantly increase my headspace here as I figure out a better way
of doing this ;)

Steve