[Mediawiki-l] Non-standard upgrade to 1.8.2 gives problems

Gary Kirk gary.kirk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 11:33:54 UTC 2006

After my shared hosting company decided to tell me that they did in
fact offer PHP 5.0.2 after assuring me they didn't, I uploaded all the
1.8.2 files, preserving the extension and images dir. Then I got weird
errors and consulted #mediawiki, was asked if I had PHP 5. found it
wasn't enabled; I did so. I navigated to the wiki, expecting the web
installer. But it just worked. Except it doesn't. Please see
xinki.org.uk/wiki - try to save, create:-(

--
Gary Kirk