[Mediawiki-l] XML Import Strips Markup Formatting

Connolly, Wayne Wayne.Connolly at team.telstra.com
Mon Dec 18 05:44:59 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I just installed Mediawiki 1.7.1 on our intranet and imported
successfully 206 pages - however after import each page has had its HTML
markup completely removed.

<h2>Some Title</h2> and <p>Some Text</p> are all that was used as
markup. I have added the FCKEdititor as a exstention and written a
custom LDAP extension after all the others failed, otherwise the
mediawiki is stock.

I have confirmed this by viewing and exporting the imported pages.

In order to do the import I firstly exported a existing page - copied
the format(I removed the namespaces - which is the only difference) and
then combined all of the pages in to one xml (separated by <page> of
course).

It imported all perfectly - but without formating.

What am I doing wrong?

Below is my xml import the subsequest export code.

<mediawiki xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.mediawiki.org/xml/export-0.3/
http://www.mediawiki.org/xml/export-0.3.xsd" version="0.3"
xml:lang="en">
<siteinfo>
<sitename>Telstrapedia</sitename>
<generator>MediaWiki 1.7.1</generator>
<case>first-letter</case>
</siteinfo>
<page>
      <timestamp>2006-11-08T04:30:26Z</timestamp>
      <contributor>
        <username>Root</username>
      </contributor>
      <text xml:space="preserve">
<h2>URL</h2><p>	http://www.telstra.com.au/video/</p>
<h2>Summary</h2>
mobiles, coverage, demos and useful tools. </p>
  <comment>Imported from XML Excel document - Telstra.com asset list
v2.xls (See DME for original)</comment>
  <minor>false</minor>
    </revision>
  </page>
</mediawiki>

After importing the export produces a stripped file.

<base>http://localhost/index.php?title=Main_Page</base>
<generator>MediaWiki 1.7.1</generator>
<case>first-letter</case>
<namespaces>
<namespace key="-2">Media</namespace>
<namespace key="-1">Special</namespace>
<namespace key="0"/>
<namespace key="1">Talk</namespace>
<namespace key="2">User</namespace>
<namespace key="3">User talk</namespace>
<namespace key="4">Telstrapedia</namespace>
<namespace key="5">Telstrapedia talk</namespace>
<namespace key="6">Image</namespace>
<namespace key="7">Image talk</namespace>
<namespace key="8">MediaWiki</namespace>
<namespace key="9">MediaWiki talk</namespace>
<namespace key="10">Template</namespace>
<namespace key="11">Template talk</namespace>
<namespace key="12">Help</namespace>
<namespace key="13">Help talk</namespace>
<namespace key="14">Category</namespace>
<namespace key="15">Category talk</namespace>
</namespaces>
</siteinfo>
<page>
<title>3G</title>
<id>1410</id>
<revision>
<id>1427</id>
<timestamp>2006-12-18T01:57:46Z</timestamp>
<contributor>
<username>Root</username>
<id>1</id>
</contributor>
<text xml:space="preserve">
URL http://www.telstra.com.au/video Summary Central repository for all
3G information including video services, mobiles, coverage, demos and
useful tools.
</text>
</revision>
</page>