[Mediawiki-l] Not allowing login before confirmation

Vernon Thommeret synotic at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 06:46:28 UTC 2006

I'm using $wgEmailConfirmToEdit and also the hack which makes e-mails
required. I want to make it so that a user can't login if their e-
mail isn't confirmed. I added the following code:

if ($wgUser->isEmailConfirmed()) {
	echo "confirmed"; return;
} else {
	echo "not confirmed"; return;
}

right before:

# We've verified now, update the real record

in SpecialUserLogin.php in the processlogin function. I've tried with
different accounts, some confirmed, others not, and it always returns
"not confirmed." Should I be going about this another way?

Thanks!