[Mediawiki-l] Subdomain for a forum in a MediaWiki install

beachboy22 at verizon.net beachboy22 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 16 18:44:58 UTC 2006

I talked to my hosting provider (siteground.com) and they instructed me to do the following.

1. Go to cPanel and create the forum.mywiki.com subdomain
    This made a "forum" folder in my "public_html" directory
2. Install phpBB2 using Fantastico onto this subdomain
    When it asked for the install location I selected forum/phpBB

I followed these instructions and they worked. It said to view the forum go to forum.mywiki.com/phpBB

I followed this link and received the following error message:
Not FoundThe requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at forum.mywiki.com Port 80

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Philip B