[Mediawiki-l] Subdomain for a forum in a MediaWiki install

beachboy22 at verizon.net beachboy22 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 15 19:43:41 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I am new to hosting so please bear with me, thanks!

I have mediawiki installed on a server with short URL's (mywiki.com/Main_Page). I want to have a forum running on the sub-domain forum.mywiki.com. Using cPanel I set this sub-domain up. cPanel created me a "forum" directory in my "public_html" folder in my server ("public_html" is the same folder that my Wiki is in). I created a quick "index.html" file in the "forum" folder to test this out. When I go to "forum.mywiki.com/index.html" I get  a 404 "Not found" error. I am positive "index.html" exists in this directory.

Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Philip B