[Mediawiki-l] Timeout after one hour when editing an article with non-permanent login [8411]

bl at vitronic.com bl at vitronic.com
Sun Dec 10 23:55:32 UTC 2006

Hi Adam,

> definitely possible.  In my php.ini there's an option called
> "session.cookie_lifetime" which apparently means "until the browser is
> restarted."  Maybe that's it?  (Assuming cookies are working for your
Well, the default value is "0" which means exactly what you have written. But
the browser window isn't closed, so the session can't expire! So IMHO this can't
be the parameter which is responsible for the problem.

> Either way if you've been away for a while just open another link (like
> the main page) in a new window/tab - log in there if required, and then
Yes, I can also copy my changes to clipboard before saving, but I am not asking
because I have got this problem, but my users. And they won't understand, why
they should do such trouble to just save a stupid article. And if they would
understand, they would forget it in the moment they want to save and their work
would be trashed.

Kind regards,

Frank