[Mediawiki-l] Need to restrict areas of a wiki by user

Bob Bader bader at cchmc.org
Wed Dec 6 18:56:40 UTC 2006

My boss had me implement a wiki (media wiki 1.63) n Mac Os X and we
have restricted it so users have to log in with these settings in the
localsettings.php
-----------
$wgWhitelistRead = array( "Main Page", "Special:Userlogin" );
$wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false;
-------------------

Now my boss wants to limit certain areas/pages of the wiki to
specified users.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I was looking at the extension PageProtection

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/PageProtection

But it appears I will have to re install PHP with  some new modules
for the encryption.

Is there any easier way to  restrict access to a page for only
certain users?

Thanks

Bob