[Mediawiki-l] issues with ldap authentication mw 1.8.2

Isaac Gonzalez igonzalez at autoreturn.com
Tue Dec 5 22:55:13 UTC 2006

It works fine to log me in using my ad username/username password.

However, when saving a page, intermittently I get a windows login
prompt, which accepts my ad user/password.

I would prefer to only authenticate once to the wiki.

Here is my ldap code in localsettings.php:

/* Ldap Authentication

*/

require_once( "includes/LdapAuthentication.php" );

$wgAuth = new LdapAuthenticationPlugin();

$wgLDAPDomainNames = array( "MYDOMAIN" );

$wgLDAPServerNames = array( " MYDOMAIN "=>"dc1.mydomain.com" );

//$wgLDAPSearchStrings = array( " MYDOMAIN "=>" MYDOMAIN \\USER-NAME" );

$wgLDAPSearchAttributes = array( " MYDOMAIN "=>"sAMAccountName" );

$wgLDAPBaseDNs = array( " MYDOMAIN "=>"dc=mydomain,dc=com" );

$wgLDAPProxyAgent =  "cn=aduser,ou=Services,ou=Users
,dc=mydomain,dc=com";

$wgLDAPProxyAgentPassword = "Mypassword"; //You should also be able to
use a hash!

$wgLDAPUseSSL = false; //not recommended but OK for testing

$wgLDAPUseLocal = true;

$wgMinimalPasswordLength = 1;

$wgLDAPRetrievePrefs = false;

$wgLDAPAddLDAPUsers = false;

$wgLDAPUpdateLDAP = false;

$wgLDAPMailPassword = false;

I'm using iis 5 webserver/php 5.1.2/my domain is windows server 2003.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Isaac

Isaac Gonzalez

Systems Administrator