[Mediawiki-l] Index page link issue

James L. Lauser james at jlauser.net
Tue Dec 5 19:24:02 UTC 2006

Hi all...

I'm having a weird issue with links in an index page in my new wiki.  This
is a fresh install of 1.8.2.

To populate my Help section, I've been exporting/importing stuff from
meta.mediawiki.org's Help section.  Right now, all of the pages are loaded
onto my site, and if you go to http://mywiki/Help:Whatever, you get the
appropriate page.  The issue, however, is that if you go to Help:Contents,
all but 4 of the links show up red.  If you go to Category:Help, all of
the pages show up, and if you click on any of the red links, it takes you
to the edit page for that article, with the source of that page already in
the editor.

And here's where it gets really weird...

If you remove one of the links that shows up blue, another link will turn
blue in its place.  Always 4 at a time, though.

I've tried deleting and recreating the page.  That didn't help, either.

I also already ran refreshlinks.php, and that didn't seem to have any effect.

I'm really confused as to what's causing this...

Hopefully relevant versions:

MediaWiki: 1.8.2
MySQL: 4.1.22
PHP: 5.2.0

And some outputs:
php -v:
PHP 5.2.0 with Suhosin-Patch 0.9.6.1 (cli) (built: Nov  7 2006 09:16:23)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

uname -a:
FreeBSD Pancake.jlauser.net 6.1-RELEASE-p10 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p10 #7:
Sun Oct  1 11:31:43 EDT 2006
root at Pancake.jlauser.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  sparc64

--  James L. Lauser
     james at jlauser.net