[Mediawiki-l] strange 500 internal server error

BruceMount at aol.com BruceMount at aol.com
Mon Dec 4 12:51:50 UTC 2006

I had the same 500 server error a few weeks back and I eventually heard from
2 other people that were having the same problem.  Turns out that all 3 of us
were using HostMonster.com as our hosting service (overall, I had been very
happy with them up to this point).

Steve Jones found the following reference, look up item #153 on that list of
issues at:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Support_desk

....he tried it and it solved his problem.  I had already switched hosts at
that point so I have not yet tried it myself.  Are you using HostMonster.com?

--Bruce