[Mediawiki-l] strange 500 internal server error

Harald Groven harald at groven.no
Mon Dec 4 03:01:34 UTC 2006

Anyone experienced this problem?

My MW182 installation throws a "500 internal server error". Some of
the special pages work fine, but none of the regular content pages are
displayed. The Main_Page shows up with navigation elements but no
content. Following any m-wiki links results in 500 error pages.

To test the server configuration I made a fresh MW install with a new
database (w other namespace), and it seems that that empty MW is
working fine. That should mean that the problem that creates the 500
messages are in the database not in the php code. I can access all the
tables from PhpMyAdmin, so its probably an inconsistency in the
database tables that cause the problem.

Is it possible to repair the MW database tables without doing harm to the data?

--
Harald Groven
University of Tromsø

link to broken wiki (when mod_rewrite is turned off)
http://www.groven.no/mediawiki182/index.php?title=Main_Page

link to broken wiki (when mod_rewrite is on)
http://www.groven.no/harald