[Mediawiki-l] Uploading files

Damien Hull dhull at digitaloverload.net
Sat Dec 2 23:14:26 UTC 2006

I would like to add pictures to my MediaWiki site. According to some
documentation I was reading I need to enable file uploads in
LocalSettings.php. I copied the code, pasted it into the
LocalSettings.php file. When I went to upload a file it said file
uploads were not allowed.

How do I turn file uploads on?

I tried the following code

    $wgUploadPath       = "$wgScriptPath/uploads";      ## Wiki 1.5 defaults to /images, but allows more than just images
    $wgUploadDirectory  = "$IP/uploads";                ## Wiki 1.5 defaults to /images, but allows more than just images

    ## To enable image uploads, make sure the above '$wgUploadPath' directory is writable by Apache User or group.
    ## /(i.e.  chmod og+w uploads images)/  then the following should be true:
    $wgEnableUploads                = true;