[Mediawiki-l] Incorporating blog-like "Comments"

Colleen Robledo colleenrobledo at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 21:37:16 UTC 2006

Hello,

I run an internal MediaWiki wiki for our company, and we're now looking at
using the software to develop a public wiki for our customers.  What my
future team of public wiki admins would like, however, is for each Article
to include a blog-like Comments tool (comments form, and comments posts, all
on the Article page) to encourage public discussion of each Article.  They
do not like the Discussion tab option because it breaks the conversation
flow.

Has anyone successfully used any type of plug-in for this type of feature?
Or do you have other suggestions?

The other side of this request, is that they would like anyone (not just
registered users) to be able to Comment, and for those Comments to be able
to sit in a moderation queue for approval.... in other words, exactly what
blogs do with Comments.

Thank you!

--
Colleen Robledo