[Mediawiki-l] Extension:Deleteuser error

beachboy22 at verizon.net beachboy22 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 1 04:32:07 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I am very new to hosting, let alone a Wiki, so please bear with me.

I went to http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Deleteuser and began following the instructions as I need to be able to delete users from my Wiki. I created the directory required in step one, uploaded the three files into this directory as required by step 2, and edited LocalSetting.php by adding the line "require_once("extensions/Deleteuser/SpecialDeleteuser.php");", as required by step 3. As I have never installed the "Makesysop" extension I skipped step 4.

To the best of my knowledge, this was all that was required to install the extension. So I proceded to my Wiki to test the installand recieved the following error message upon entering my main page.

       Warning: main(/home/conserv8/public_html/extensions/Deleteuser/../ExtensionFunctions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No             such file or directory in /home/conserv8/public_html/extensions/Deleteuser/SpecialDeleteuser.php on line 44
        Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required

        '/home/conserv8/public_html/extensions/Deleteuser/../ExtensionFunctions.php' (include_path='/home/conserv8/public_html:/home/conserv8/public_html/includes:/home/conserv8/public_html/languages:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')         in /home/conserv8/public_html/extensions/Deleteuser/SpecialDeleteuser.php on line 44

I opened "SpecialDeleteuser.php" with my PHP editor and checked to see what line 44 contained. The following is from line 42 to 46.

42    # Register the special page
43    if ( !function_exists( 'extAddSpecialPage' ) ) {
44     require( dirname(__FILE__) . '/../ExtensionFunctions.php' );
45   }
46    extAddSpecialPage( dirname(__FILE__) . '/SpecialDeleteuser_body.php', 'Deleteuser', 'Deleteuser' );

Does anyone know what could be causing this problem?

Thanks a lot and forgive my large email!