[Mediawiki-l] FCKeditor and Database Integrity

David Pace gps.david.pace at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 11:39:19 UTC 2006

I have installed FCKeditor on a test server and instance of my wiki and I'm
having a generally good experience with it thus far.

In some respects I'd prefer not to use it, but my managers are kind of
pushing for it so I'm stuck having to deliver some kind of WYSIWYG option to
them.

In any case, when reading over the page for the extension on Meta there are
warnings about data corruption that may result from using the editor. I
understand that it will break standard wiki formatting, but I am more
concerned about the integrity of my database. I wouldn't expect it to be a
concern, but I want to be certain so I can reassure everyone. Has anyone
here ever experienced any kind of database corruption from using this
extension?

Regards,

Dave Pace