[Mediawiki-l] single page skin

cohesion cohesion at sleepyhead.org
Sat Aug 26 19:37:28 UTC 2006

If I wanted to have a single page (Special:Userlogin) use a different
skin how would you go about doing that? I actually don't need it to
have a skin, but I would like to be able to customize the display of
all displayed elements, so another skin might be easiest.

I was looking at SkinTemplate, and there are some skin variables there
but when they are changed they seem to be ignored. There is also some
mention of child classes being able to override the settings but I
don't know how that would work.

As a high-level description, I'm trying to make mediawiki display a
fairly empty login page to everyone that isn't already logged in, that
would be separate from the general site layout. This is a wiki where
only logged in users can contribute, and I would rather not have the
login page display any content (sidebar etc).

Any pointers would be great :D

Judson