[Mediawiki-l] customizing login / create account

Sullivan, James (NIH/CIT) [C] sullivan at mail.nih.gov
Fri Aug 25 14:21:44 UTC 2006

Mediawiki 1.7.1
PHP 5
MySQL 5.0.21

I also want to modify the Login pafge text so I tried the instructions
below since I would like to '''bold''' the "Don't have a login" line.  I
found that line in Special:Allmessages as the page "MediaWiki:NoLogin".
So, as WikiSysop I went to that page and hit edit, and I see the
following:

 Don't have a login? $1.

So I change it to:

 '''Don't have a login?''' $1.

And saved it.  When I log out and select "Log in / create account"  to
see the login page I do not see the text in bold but instead see the
quotes.  I also tried <strong> but that just printed out as well instead
of being interpreted.  I've concluded that these messages are formatted
within another page, but I cannot find that page.  Any ideas?

-Jim