[Mediawiki-l] customizing login / create account

Frederich, Eric P2173 eric.frederich at siemens.com
Fri Aug 25 13:20:54 UTC 2006

Hello all,

I'm trying to edit the page that users see when they go to create an
account.
I want them to use their Windows ID when creating an account in hopes
that someday we'll have this running with LDAP authentication working.

I changed MediaWiki:Username to "Username (Windows ID) :" but I still
only see "Username:" when I'm on the login page and on the create
account page.

Where can I change that test that says Username: on those two pages?

Also, on the create account page where it says "Already have an account?
Log in."  I'd like to add a line under it instructing them to use their
Windows user ID.  I have been looking all over and can't find the places
to do this.

Thanks in advance,

~Eric