[Mediawiki-l] Search Categories?

city wiki citywikimail at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 11:50:22 UTC 2006

To get the checkboxes, you may need to enable extra Namespaces, such as:

Java:Parser
C:blablabla
etc etc, I'm afraid you cannot use # as a character for a namespace name.

Then you will get checkboxes for every namespace you've created.
Check it here
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:%24wgExtraNamespaces

Also this variable might help if you don't want to search in talk, etc
$wgNamespacesToBeSearchedDefault

Good luck