[Mediawiki-l] Advice on organization of content and permission access

Yusuf Mohsinally yusufm at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 24 21:11:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am trying to setup a wiki which will have articles on programming
lanugages (c, java, c#, etc). And some articles may be general topics which
belong to multiple languages.

As far as I could determine from the help pages, I need to setup categories
for each language. Is that the preferred method?

- I would like to allow people th ability to search/browse all the
programming languages, or just within one language. I assume that categories
will allow this?

Here is where it gets complicated. I would also like to appoint some users
as moderators for a particular programming language. I think the only way to
do this is to setup a namespace for each programming language? Because I
could only find information that said that group permissions can be assigned
to work on namespaces, (not categories?).

Should I setup a different namespace for each programming language? And will
this still allow the articles to be searched and linked between each other?
Or, can I assign permissions to users restricted by category?

Thanks.