[Mediawiki-l] eaccelerator and MW1.7.1

Mr Scsi mrscsi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 15:17:13 UTC 2006

Is anyone using any kind of caching system on 1.7.1?

We used eaccelerator on 1.5.x and it worked perfectly.
When I upgraded to 1.7.1, I noted that the stable release of eaccelerator
did not work with php 5.x.
I followed the instructions to build the svn version 0.9.6 (260.svn)
http://eaccelerator.net/wiki/InstallFromSource.

Everything seems to work ok except the login section.
The login page returns:
Fatal error: Cannot access parent:: when no class scope is active in
/var/www/html/includes/SkinTemplate.php on line 108

I know I'm way out on a limb here, bleeding edge and all, but has anyone
gotten over this?

What (if any) is everyone else using instead of eaccelerator?

Andy