[Mediawiki-l] Retrieving info from POST

Chris Bruyere ccmbruyere at yahoo.ca
Thu Aug 24 14:58:21 UTC 2006

Thanks a lot.

I'll look into it. If you want me to update you, please send a reply.

Thanks!
Chris

Rob Church <robchur at gmail.com> wrote: On 24/08/06, Chris Bruyere  wrote:
> So, this is what I'm doing:
> - I'm trying to 'extend' mediawiki with my own app.
> - I have a table in the db that holds my extra info.
> - when a user edits a page, they have the ability to edit 'my' extra data as well.
> - I was planning on doing this through forms. So, in the edit page, there are a couple of textboxes, etc.
> -when the user clicks "Save", i want to be able to access the data in the text boxes.
>
> I've notice that the text area in the edit page, as well as the two buttons are form, using post as the method.
>
> So, I figured my extra functionality would piggy back of what is already there.
>
> However, when I try to access the $_POST variable it is empty.
>
> So far, I have not been able to figure out where/how the data from the user is processed. Hence, this posting

If I read the above and understand it right, then the correct thing to
do in this situation is to locate or introduce a suitable hook
function into the "save" step of the edit handler, so that when a page
is updated, the corresponding entries in a custom table are also
saved.

For further information on hooks, take a look at docs/hooks.txt (it's
in the default MediaWiki distribution packages and will be present in
SVN checkouts, too).

Rob Church