[Mediawiki-l] Problem with SCIJAX spelling checker.

markgillespie at dek.com markgillespie at dek.com
Wed Aug 23 10:47:01 UTC 2006

Need a spelling checker in our Wiki, and there is not much around (which I
find stunning), there is one that uses Google spelling services
(wikispeller), which is not acceptable, the only other option I found was
SCIJAX.  Have installed the extension, however, the install docs are out of
date regarding how to add the hooks, and not suitable for MediaWiki 1.7.1

I have added the hook to where it seems suitable.  And it appears to work,
I get the spelling button on my edit page,  Clicking it shows mis-spellings
are links that show suggestions.   Clicking a suggestion changes the
mispelt text  (so far so good).

However, the MediaWiki Save Changes and Show Preview buttons then
disappear, leaving only the Show Changes.  So any spelling changes cannot
be saved.  Clicking the spell checker a 2nd time, REALLY screws things up,
and messes up the formatting totally.

Anyone got SCIJAX spelling checker working with MediaWiki 1.71?   Like I