[Mediawiki-l] Importing into MediaWiki namespace via XML

Kevin J. Scott k.scott at ieee.org
Sun Aug 20 21:42:36 UTC 2006

I'm running a couple 1.7.1 installs as bureaucrat/sysop.  When I
export the following seven pages to one XML file and then import them
to a separate fresh MediaWiki install, these work:
   MediaWiki:Sidebar
   MediaWiki:Disclaimerpage
   MediaWiki:Aboutpage
   MediaWiki:Privacypage

...and these don't:
   MediaWiki:Common.css
   MediaWiki:Monobook.js
   MediaWiki:Newarticletext

Even when I try to import them one at a time, the pages claim to have
been imported, but then nothing shows up in the page history (i.e. no
new revision is created).  I can edit the wikitext for those pages
manually...just can't import.

Is there something special about those pages that prevents XML
importing?  Thanks.

..Kev