[Mediawiki-l] Infoboxes and parserfunctions

Travaglini, Joseph Joseph.Travaglini at FMR.com
Fri Aug 18 15:47:30 UTC 2006

Hi,
  I am attempting to build an infobox on a private wiki.  I literally
copied "Template: Infobox Software" from en to my wiki.

Viewing the template page, it looks as expected.

However, in actually transcluding the template from another page, if I
pipe "optional" field, (such as "| developer = me"), it is not rendering
the table row tags in the infobox but is instead displaying <tr> as
plain text.

That is:

{{Infobox Software
| name = MediaWiki
| developer = me
| use = everything
| website = http://wikimedia.org
}}

Yields:

MediaWiki

Use: 	everything
Website: 	http://wikimedia.org

Any idea what's up?  I installed ParserFunctions and I am running 1.7.1

Thanks

Joe Travaglini
FISC-FCAT
w: 617.563.3811