[Mediawiki-l] Translation

ninux (linux) ninux at lernado.it
Wed Aug 16 09:51:17 UTC 2006

Michael Wolf ha scritto:
> wiki at avenarius.sk napisa:
>
>> 2) put $wgUseDatabaseMessages = false into your DefaultSettings.php file,
>> which will activate the translations you can see in the two language files.
>>

> AFAIK you should never change DefaultSettings.php but copy the
> preference into the LocalSettings.php.

I fixed the problem.

Before changing DefaultSettings, as suggested by wiki at avenarius.sk, I
tried the same method putting $wgUseDatabaseMessages = false in
LocalSettings, because the method seemed not to work I modified
DefaultSettings, but I forgot to take away the variable from
DefaultSettings! That's why the system didn't allow me to go to the
System Messages!

Thanks a lot.

Nino