[Mediawiki-l] can't edit pages

BSeigel at weatrust.com BSeigel at weatrust.com
Tue Aug 15 17:04:35 UTC 2006

Good day,

I am running the following

MediaWiki: 1.5.8
PHP: 4.3.9 (cgi)
MySQL: 5.0.19-standard-log

Although I am logged in as a user with sysop-level priviliges, I get this
message when trying to edit the sidebar
(domain.com/index.php?title=MediaWiki:Sidebar&action=submit)

"WARNING: This page has been locked so that only users with sysop
privileges can edit it. Be sure you are following the protected page
guidelines."

I have tried mwusers forum and looking through the FAQs, but no luck.  I
can supply the relevant contents of localsettings.php if that will help.

Also, I would like to prevent registration of new users, and block those
not logged in from editing pages.

Please advise, thanks.

Ben Seigel
Web Design & Strategy
608.661.6697 ext 2163
"The internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a
truck. It's a series of tubes."
-Senator Ted Stevens, R-Alaska