[Mediawiki-l] No Display of Image: pages in IE6

kacz kacz at kaczmarowski.com
Tue Aug 15 13:51:37 UTC 2006

I am running Apache 2.0.59 and MediaWiki 1.7.1 with PHP 5.1.4.on Windows
2000 Pro SP4.

When viewing an image page by, for example, selecting (desc) from the
Special:Filelist page, I get a blank Image: page but ONLY when using IE
6.0. When I hit the same Image page using a Netscape 7.1 browser, I get
the file I am expecting.

The source of the image page for IE 6 is:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>

Whereas the source in a netscape browser is chock full of actual data.

A side note, when viewing the wiki for the mediawiki project, navigating
to the Special:FileList page and selecting an Image: page, I get the
results I am expecting.

Oh, and while I'm at it, accessing the wiki will crash Apache on a
regular basis.  I'm going back to Apache 1.3 if I can't find any other fix.

Thoughts?